Monday, April 25, 2011

A Little Egg

Always fascinated with nests and eggs, I finally got this piece finished.  I am lucky enough to be surrounded by immense, grand old trees, which house several birds come spring.  I've been seeing them flitting about with bits of straw in their beaks, preparing nests for the young ones. 

There really is something so gratifying, so magical in watching nature shake off her austere winter clothing, adorning herself in blossoms, catkins and greening leaves.  So, in honor of our awakening landscape, I think I'll follow suit.   I'll put away my grey shirts and yoga pants and wear a brightly colored blouse, and may just tuck a flower in my hair.  Happy Spring, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Spring, Tamra! Thank you for sharing such a pretty piece and thoughts of spring! I too have brought out my flowers to wear! Hooray for sunshine and warm breezes and rainbows of flowers in the garden! (And a little fairy or two, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Guys - I hope spring is finding you both happy and well!

    ReplyDelete